About MissCakeBaker

I spend the week running in heels and the weekends in my apron.

Sunday 27 May 2012

Honey, Sultana & Cinnamon Cookies



Cookies are a bit like the no 52 bus to Victoria for me - you wait for ages for one then several come along at once. Well that's certainly what my cookie, or I should say biscuit, making is like.  They're just not something I make very often but I've made quite a few over the last few weeks. 


I saw the recipe for these super easy cookies on the back of a Doves Farm Spelt Flour packet.  I added in the sultanas as I have a half used bag in the bottom of the cupboard and I do prefer my healthier style cookies with a bit of fruit in them. The recipe can be found here - just throw a couple of handfuls of sultanas as you go.

They were lovely, soft cookies and felt reasonably healthy to boot.  This is my entry to this month's Alpha Bakes Challenge hosted by Caroline from Caroline Makes, whose letter this month is 'H'.

6 comments:

  1. I love cookies and these sound delicious! They look so cute in their little pink cup. Thanks for entering this to AlphaBakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty looking cookies! I've never tried baking with Spelt flour but I love the sound of the combination of honey, sultana and cinnamon!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cookies and spelt flour is delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound lovely and healthy{for a cookie}. I love baking with spelt - must try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three of my favourite baking flavours combined in one biscuit - triple yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey cookies with cinnamon sound so good - two of my favourite flavours.

    ReplyDelete